So I’ve played 8 rounds with my UW Control list from Monday and already I feel like some changes need to be made.
- 1 Jace, Architect of Thought
- 2 Started feeling excessive I’ll try trimming one.
- 2 Spell Snare
- Card is just plain bad right now. There’s no strategy to using it, basically it feels like if you have a target for it you have to use it. I just don’t like it.
- 1 Glacial Fortress
- This guy entering tapped when I have 4 Colonnades I’m playing turn 1 is a little awkward.
- 1 Stony Silence
- I’m not sure it’s really needed.
- 2 Gideon of the Trials
- If Bennyhillz can have 19 posted 5-0 finishes in MTGO competitive leagues with this guy I might as well give him a shot. Safe to say he hasn;t disapointed.
- 1 Blessed Alliance
- I didn’t want to play a remand or manaleak in the slot since both feel pretty bad late game so I opted for a Blessed Alliance. Cards been pretty good actually.
- 1 Mystic Gate
- It’s an untapped land. It’s awkward in a opening hand with just ghost quarters, but that hasn’t come up often really.
- 1 Vendilion Clique
- I have a love hate relationship with this card in actuality, might very well trade this for a Geist of Saint Traft yet.
I made this changes and ran them last night and the deck felt a bit better overall. My next step is to try incorporating different 1 of counterspells to replace the Blessed Alliance. It’s performed fairly well, but I think it’s more a sideboard card than main.